English As A Second Language (ESL) is an instructional program for identified students whose dominant language is not English.
The purpose of the program is to increase the English language proficiency of eligible students so they can attain academic standards and achieve success in the classroom.
Features of the ESL Program:
• Instruction is offered in grades K-12
• Students receive one to three ESL classes, depending on their English proficiency level
• Students also attend math, science, social studies and other general education classes
• Total English immersion for students
• Students are given the support needed to effectively adjust to American culture
• Classes are an individualized, student-centered learning environment